Opportunities We Provide!
Growing Chefs is a charity based organization that vision a world with healthy, just, sustainable food practices. They help kids grow and cook their own food with hands-on experience.
They are currently accepting applications for classroom volunteers.
Volunteering time totals approximately 4 hours a month for 3 months. Volunteers help us to
deliver our spring program (April to mid-June) grade 1-3 classrooms.
Volunteers needed in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, New West,
and the Tri-Cities.
How it works
• Volunteers are put into teams of three or four.
• Volunteers will attend a half day Training Session, where they learn basic classroom
management skills and review the Growing Chefs! curriculum.
• Volunteer teams are paired with an elementary school classroom.
• Volunteers visit their class every two weeks over the course of three months, for a total of
seven visits. Volunteers mentor the students and help them grow their own indoor
vegetable gardens, they also lead the class through a series of lessons.
• The lessons are clearly laid out and outlined in the Growing Chefs! Classroom Guide that
volunteers receive at the Training Session.
• Volunteers from all industries are welcome! (You don’t need to be a chef to participate)
For more information please contact: email@example.com or to sign up please complete our volunteer application form online at www.growingchefs.ca.
Canadian Red Cross
The Canadian Red Cross Society is a Canadian humanitarian charitable organization, and one of 190 national Red Cross and Red Crescent societies. The organization receives funding from both private donations and from Canadian government departments.
They are currently recruiting volunteers for the following positions:
- Disaster Management Volunteers
- HELP (Health Equipment Loan Program) Volunteers
- Volunteer Recruitment Outreach Volunteers
- Administrative Assistant Volunteers
Visit http://www.redcross.ca/volunteer for more information.
All volunteers must fit these requirements to register for the Vancouver Aquarium Volunteer Program:
- Have valid Medical Coverage/Insurance (ex. B.C. CareCard)
- Be able to communicate in English
- Be eligible to volunteer in Canada
- Willing to commit to 50 hours of volunteer service (3-4 months)